Your 2017 Convention Packing Guide
Buried in a packing frenzy? Trying to find your toothbrush and enough clean pants for three days by the seaside? If you’ve emptied your wardrobe looking for your fave top and have given up searching for your flip flops – take five mins to peruse this ESSENTIAL packing guide from NFYFC. There are items on here you HAVE to bring or you’ll be doing a U-turn..!
- Membership cards – a vital item for access to Convention, without it we can’t hand over your wristband. Remember this needs to be up-to-date, in tact and your photo must not be defaced. More info here.
- ID – Registration will also need to see a form of ID such as a driving licence, passport or citizen card. Just double checking you are who you say you are!
- Cash – you’ll need some spare change for spending on refreshments and all Torquay has to offer. Try not to carry wads of cash around with you though and keep wallets, purses and phones safe.
- Parental consent forms - If you’re under 18 and taking part in our national final competitions you will need to bring these forms with you.
- Smart gear – Friday evening calls for ties for men and cocktail dresses for the ladies. Time to look glam. Check out the full details of the dress code here.
- Get on social media – We’ll be using #yfcagm17 throughout the weekend so make sure you’re following all the action on our Twitter feed - @nfyfc and photos and videos will be posted to our Facebook page, Instagram and YouTube.
- Phone action – If you have a smartphone bookmark the Convention website on your phone so you can follow what’s happening all weekend and get updates on any changes. Photos and videos are posted here too.
- AGM voting cards If you are attending AGM on Sunday as a representative for your club or county, remember to bring your voting cards. Every club gets two each and it’s important to be there to give your voice on the future of the Federation. We’ll be electing Charlotte Smith as our new President!
- Fancy dress It’s a right royal affair this year as you’re asked to dress as Princes and Princesses. Don’t forget your tiaras!
- Club T-Shirts – One of the highlights of the weekend and a chance to show off which club you’re from – but remember to follow guidelines on slogans!