Becoming a member
Why join NFYFC?
Joining your local Young Farmers' Club could be the gateway to a whole world of new opportunities. From meeting friends you will keep for life, to discovering a skill you never even knew you had, there is so much more to Young Farmers than wellies and tractors!
What do we do?
It's up to you! Members help choose their own programmes throughout the year, but there is a vast number of rewarding and fun things you can do. NFYFC help their members to:
- Get competitive: Competitions are at the heart and soul of YFC - in fact it’s where it all started. Every year NFYFC organise a range of national competitions to help members develop new skills and have fun at the same time. Ranging from old classics, such as stock judging and floral arts, to dodge ball and pantomimes there really is a competition for everyone.
- Get training: Want to learn how to be a better leader, organise the biggest event in town or become a media guru? NFYFC offer an array of training sessions that not only prepare members for their role in running clubs, but also help develop essential life and career skills.
- Get travelling: If you ever dreamed of jetting off in search of adventure, but weren’t quite sure where to find it, then NFYFC could help. We offer our members all sorts of excursions including exchange visits, team travel, working holidays and adventure holidays - each one lets members broaden their horizons on a brand new discovery.
- Get heard: NFYFC make sure that their members' voices are heard. We know that young people are the future of agriculture and that they should have a say on the issues that will shape that future.
- Get together: The Annual Convention is the pinnacle of the NFYFC calendar. Once a year, more than 5000 members gather to discuss what they want from their organisation. It’s a fantastic chance to see what other clubs have been up to throughout the year and to get involved with forums, debates and competitions.
Who can join?
If you’re aged between 10 and 26, love rural life and want to get involved in something new, then Young Farmers is for you! You certainly don’t need to be a farmer, in fact you don’t even need to own a pair of wellies.
What can I do if I'm over the age of 26?
Our clubs also cater for 'associate members' who can join after the age of 26 - contact your local county office for more info.
How much does it cost to join YFC?
Membership costs vary as YFCs set their own subscription charges, but the price can be as low as £15 per year.
Sign me up!
Joining Young Farmers’ Clubs is easy, just fill in the form on the NFYFC website and we can help you find the right club for you. Or you can visit our county contacts, find your local YFC officer and give them a ring or drop them an email. Visit www.nfyfc.org.uk to find out more.